Looking for an appetizer idea? Here is a good one for you. BLT Bites are a delicious and make for a crowd pleasing appetizer. The main ingredients are Tomatoes and Bacon! Who doesn’t love Bacon??? My favorite part of the recipe are the extra bacon crumbles that haven’t been used in the mixture. YUM!
This particular recipe includes mayonnaise. If you are looking to create a lighter less fattening dish, substitute Greek yogurt in place of the Mayo. The BLT Bites will be just as delicious.
- 1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes
- ⅓ Cup Of Chopped Green Onion
- ½ Cup of Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 lb of bacon - cooked and crumbled
- Slice approximately ¼ of the tomato from the stem end. Discard top and remove pulp from inside the tomato.
- Place cut side down on a paper towel to drain, set aside
- Cook the bacon until crispy, then crumble
- Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Parsley, Green onion and Bacon
- Spoon mixture into each Tomato
- Chill until ready to serve
*Tip* - Use Greek Yogurt for a healthier version